No-Bake Bacon Lasagne With Basil
- 240g (8 1/2oz) Dry cured oak smoked bacon rashers, trimmed and cut into large pieces
- 15ml (1tbsp) Olive oil
- 2 Large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Clove of garlic, crushed
- 400g (14oz) Can chopped tomatoes
- 15ml Tomato ketchup
- 15ml Fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Black pepper
- 8 Fresh lasagne sheets, cut in half–or if dried lightly soaked in boiling water
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh basil leaves
In a large non-stick saucepan heat the oil and fry the bacon, mushrooms and garlic for about 4 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauce and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Plunge the lasagne sheets into boiling water for about 2-3 minutes (follow pack instructions). Remove from the water, rinse well and allow to drain.
Assemble and Serve:
Cut each lasagne sheet in half. Onto each plate start with a square of lasagne, top with a spoonful of sauce and repeat – making up to 3-4 layers of lasagne.
Finish with the top being with a piece of lasagne, sprinkle generously with grated parmesan and scatter with fresh basil leaves.
Serve with mixed leaf salad.