Bacon Salad With Beans And Herbs
- 6 Rashers unsmoked dry cured back bacon
- 225g (8oz) Green beans
- 400g (approx) Can mixed beans, drained
- 50g (2oz) Canned lentils (drained weight)
- 4 x 15ml (4tbsp) Fresh herbs eg, parsley, dill, mint and chives (15ml (1tbsp of each) chopped
- 150g (5oz) Mozzarella cheese, roughly torn
- 3 x 15m (3tbsp) Olive oil
- 15ml (1tbsp) Lemon juice
- 4 Sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
Place bacon rashers under a hot pre-heated grill and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until crispy. When cooled slightly cut rashers into 3. Lightly cook green beans in boiling water until just tender, leave to cool slightly.
Place in a large bowl the bacon pieces, green beans, drained mixed beans, lentils, fresh herbs and cheese, toss well together.
Place ingredients for dressing in a jar with a lid and shake well to mix together.
Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.